Comes from the only bear species in South America, the Frontino Bear, also known as the Andean bear, Andean short-faced bear and spectacled bear (Tremarctos ornatus).
We could call it the bear of many names, but we choose Frontino because it sounds nicer, especially when you get to know that the Pre-Hispanic civilizations regarded the Tremarctos ornatus as the mediator between the world of the living and the world of the dead. Others regarded it as the life creator, so you better avoid offending it by using inappropriate names.
Is to introduce the science of coffee making and inspire the evolution of coffee geeks around the world.
We endorse creative, but disciplined experimentation of coffee combinations through our scientific coffee method. We love testing flavor hypothesis and derive new coffee-conclusions from our experiments.
Scientific Coffee Method by Frontino Coffee:
- Notice something: ‘This coffee is bitter’
- Ask a question: ‘Why is this coffee bitter?’
- Formulate a hypothesis: ‘Maybe the roast time was really long’
- Make a prediction: ‘ If we cut the roasting time in half, then it will taste less bitter’
- Test the prediction: Roast with different times the same bean, and try the coffee again
- Iterate: ‘The coffee was less bitter, the hypothesis is supported, but why is it now so acidic?’
Is to bring you the best coffee. For us, that means a reliable flavor and a consistent taste in every cup, a replicable experience by coffee lovers out there.
At the same time, we collaborate with habitat and species preservation of The Frontino Bear. This is why we focus on bringing you beans from the Andes mountains, where only this bear resides.
Curiosity, rigor, and family are the core values at Frontino Coffee. Here, we encourage skepticism and change, the secret recipe for reinventing life and coffee.
Take a pause and enjoy a cup of smooth Frontino!